• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cant click on tracking points

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I track my camera a lot of points appeared but I can't do anything with them and i can't right click on them too.What should I do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Warp stabilizing distorts footage slightly. This makes the camera tracking less accurate. You have to be very careful with warp stabilized footage and camera tracking.

If you hare having rolling shutter problems you also have a problem getting accurate camera tracking for AE or any other app that will do camera tracking. You also have problems with camera tracking if there is lens distortion.

The solution more than 90% of the time - fix the distortion first. Rolling shutter can be repaired with Ro

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details such as exact tracker settings and display options, version of AE or info about the footage, possibly also screenshots. This has been know to happen for a number of reasons most of them related to issues with hardware accelerated display functions or specific input devices.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'ts stock AE CC 2017,windows 10, and footage 6.11 sec length with 1980x1080 resolution,29.97 framerate,I used warp stabilizer to make video slighter and I pre-rendered it.And you need to know that first time I tracked camera on this footage I could touch points,and create null

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this workflow is not the best way to do. Try stabilize footage after camera tracking or at least use the tracking data for match moving of other objects but don't render it. You will avoid some potential problems using the camera tracker after the stabilization.

Anyway, we need to view your footage to drive your question/problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warp stabilizing distorts footage slightly. This makes the camera tracking less accurate. You have to be very careful with warp stabilized footage and camera tracking.

If you hare having rolling shutter problems you also have a problem getting accurate camera tracking for AE or any other app that will do camera tracking. You also have problems with camera tracking if there is lens distortion.

The solution more than 90% of the time - fix the distortion first. Rolling shutter can be repaired with Rolling Shutter Repair and Lens distortion can be repaired with lens distortion tools in AE. I long for the day where we will have lens profiles available in AE like they are in Lightroom.

Once the distortion has been removed do your camera tracking and compositing. You'll get better results even if there is a lot of annoying camera movement. Camera tracker will do a better job at holding position if you track before you warp stabilize.

When the composite looks good, if it is a simple shot that is not too long drop that entire comp in a new one and warp stabilize the composite. If the composite will take a long time to render then render a suitable DI (digital intermediate) using a suitable visually lossless format and then warp stabilize the composite. This will treat your composite as a complete shot and you'll get a better result that is more believable.

You'll find that the 10% of shots where the fix the distortion, composite, then warp stabilize the composite is not the most efficient workflow require other tricks to complete a successful composite. It all depends on the shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your answer was helpful but I just had to turn on layer controls in the view menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a new problem make sure that AE is up to date. If you are new to camera tracking please check out the help files and tutorials available in the community resources you will find by typing Camera Tracking in the Search Help field at the top right corner of AE. The camera tracker is not a one click fits all tool that is easy to use correctly without some training.

If you still can't figure things out then we need system, AE version and workflow details down to the last decimal point. We also need to see the footage you are trying to track. Not all shots will work with Camera Tracking. Include screenshots of the entire app with the modified properties of the layers giving you problems revealed. Do that by selecting the layer and pressing the u key twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By system you mean windows 10,my AE version CC 2017,and you need to know that first time I tracked camera it worked perfectly I could right click on points see targets and create null but now I cant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines