• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i set resolution with the file size of 10'x20' in CMYK?

Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i set resolution with the file size of 10'x20' in CMYK?

Please guide me anyone the professionally method of set resolution in various size's for printable design.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really mean 10 x 20 feet?  What sort of illustration or graphic is it?  What would a typical viewing distance be?  What is your computer spec?  A file that size at 300PPI is going to be 72,000 x 36,000 pixels.    It created a 12Gb scratch file before I'd given it any content, so is going to put a lot of load on system resources.

The colour space, as with CMYK, doesn't have any impact on resolution, other than if it is CMYK I'm guessing that you are not the person who will be printing it, so you should contact the printer and ask what they need.  I tend to let my printer do the CMYK conversion, because he is better at it than I am.  He always gives me a test print to check before committing to the full size print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sending information, if i set 50 resolution in size 240x120 inches, then what type of result will be show on out put in flex printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Take a look at this , which may help you.

What print resolution works for what viewing distance?

Trevor's advice is spot on - talk to your printer. If you are working in CMYK you also need the specific CMYK space from your printer (there is no generic CMYK)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines