• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Good Grief! How do you disable this annoying startup screen?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deselected first option in general and here it is again. I find it beyond irritating – especially since there is no clear intuitive place to turn this off. Drives me insane every time I have to reinstall ID or delete prefs. Why is Adobe loading this crap by default anyway?

2017-07-31_14-06-36.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mr.+Met  wrote

I’ve been clicking off everything I can think of in preference. So clearly it’s not in preference because…

You must click it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because they need to pick a default for everything. In most cases that default is going to be any new feature to raise awareness of it. You already know how to turn it off. It's two mouse clicks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob: You usually helpful but why are you even replying if not to answer the question? If I knew where these two clicks were, I wouldn't be asking. I’ve been clicking off everything I can think of in preference. So clearly it’s not in preference because…well, I’m sure there doesn’t need to be a reason.

Thanks anyway for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Mr.+Met  wrote

I’ve been clicking off everything I can think of in preference. So clearly it’s not in preference because…

You must click it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John: Thank you!. Adobe is getting to be more and more like Quark with all the bloat and BS you have to wade through just so you can work. What a waste of a half hour. I now have to figure out how to turn Adobe adverts off before I can use their bloatware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your original post made it sound like you knew how to do this but didn't approve of it coming back after resetting prefs and were looking for an explanation of why it was the default, hence my response.

Sorry for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure all documents are closed and uncheck Start in General Preferences and press OK. Then choose a different Workspace from the Workspace popup menu in the upper right of your widow or under the Window menu > Workspaces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines