• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to alter a web slide show in PhotoShop CS5

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a slide show using the bridge (or mini bridge- I forget which right now) but there is a an obnoxious range of transitions between the images.  How do I change this?  All that I want is either a simple replacement or fade between images.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

I grabbed my old CS5 workbook to refresh my memory. There were two output options—PDF and Web Gallery. I don't remember that there were transitions for the Web Gallery, but I can see from the book that it created an index.html file that managed the display of multiple images.

IMG_8198.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not remember what you did or what you created how could we know?  My car I forgot where I parked it how can I make it run the way I want it to. Where is my car? May be still where I parked it last.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your snarky answer.  Your in-depth observation has added so much to the discussion.  By the way, it was the mini bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never made these kind of slide shows, however, from bridge you exported a .pdf or web gallery, your post doest not say which one, for either option  I would remake it and change your settings in the playback options:

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 11.00.23 AM.png

Here is a video that might help:

create a slideshow with adobe bridge cs6 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help.  I will check it out later today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS5 also has and optional Web  Photoshop Gallery plug-in that could generate Web sideshow there were no transitions possible.  CS5 Bridges output module could also generate Web Photo Galleries and slideshows.   If you still have the source image files you used to generate the slideshow you can redo the slideshow you generated and chang the setting used to generated the slideshow. It would most likely be easier to re-generate the Slideshow than modifying the current slideshow you have.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your answer, but I prefer to get help from someone who does not need to boost his own ego at my expense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your logic elude me. Did I some how extract money from you or just point out  you provide little to go on.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a PDF slideshow, right? You can disable the transitions in Acrobat. Which version of Acrobat do you have—I'm happy to give instructions.

Or, if you don't have Acrobat (just Reader) you can download a free Adobe Acrobat DC trial:

Acrobat Pro DCss_002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I want to keep the images in .png- or at least .jpg.  They are of artwork and I want to keep as much detail as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember the old Output module in Bridge allow you to create a PDF slideshow with transitions. Your slideshow isn't a PDF? What format is the slideshow in now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in .png.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha. I'm almost done...one more thing. Continuing to poke around, I found I can still install the output module into Bridge, so I installed it into 2017.

How to install Adobe Output Module in Bridge CC 2017

I went ahead and installed it, and it turns out my memory is faulty. There was a web gallery option that had transitions. But, these transitions are based on Flash (deprecated technology). You'd have to modify the .swf file, or recreate the slideshow. If you want a modern slideshow, do it as a PDF. You can create a high-res PDF that doesn't compress your images, or cause you to use detail. If you want to go that route, you can use the PDF button shown below, or just create it via File > Create Multi-Page PDF in Acrobat. I can meet you in the Acrobat forum if you need help.

Adobe Bridge CC 2017ss_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic!!   Thanks for all your help.  This is a personal project, so I will be working on it, well armed with your info, this weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent! Glad we could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I grabbed my old CS5 workbook to refresh my memory. There were two output options—PDF and Web Gallery. I don't remember that there were transitions for the Web Gallery, but I can see from the book that it created an index.html file that managed the display of multiple images.

IMG_8198.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the bridge output module can generate 11 different style Web Photo Galleries  which will work fine when you upload thet to you web server.  10 of the 11 are flash based.  Which can no longer be preview them on you machine because for sometime now Web browsers will not display Flash Web Photo galleries from your local disk.  You may be able to using chrome I believe there is chrome testing option that will allow local file access.  In the  optional CS5 Plug-in Web Photo Gallery you can generate HTML Web Galleries slide shows.  The Photo Pages refresh the next page in the gallery  after so many seconds and loop back to the first image from the last image.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks—I played with it after the question was resolved. When I woke up this morning, I totally believed the Output module was gone for good. Who knew it was still lurking online, just waiting to be reinstalled!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It still around and while I have it installed in mosts of the versions of the bridge I have installed. I did not install it in Bridge CC 2017. For I use CC 2014. I have too many problems using CC 2017.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines