• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethered capture support for Canon Rebel T7i?

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -

I am new to Lightroom and am experiencing issues with initiating tethered capture with my Canon Rebel T7i (EOS 800D)...it appears that it isn't supported based on this list. Does anyone know if this will be supported in the near future?

Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask this question...I am a newbie and still figuring things out.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Its not supported yet by Lightroom.  It MIGHT be in the next version of Lr which is probably 2+ months away as a new version just came out  lr6.12.  If you really need to tether just use the included Canon software and see if its supported there for tether and you can use a WATCHED FOLDER in Lightroom to automatically import the photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not supported yet by Lightroom.  It MIGHT be in the next version of Lr which is probably 2+ months away as a new version just came out  lr6.12.  If you really need to tether just use the included Canon software and see if its supported there for tether and you can use a WATCHED FOLDER in Lightroom to automatically import the photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose this is as good a place as any to ask the question if you must ask it. Problem is, Adobe never makes this kind of information available in advance. Anyone who knows the answer cannot say, and anyone who gives you an answer doesn't really know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it's been over a year since this camera model launched and STILL no support for tethering this camera.  I do have software that does handle tethering which is made for the photobooth industry, but lacks the ease of being lightroom.  It just kind of takes the whole fun out of getting a new camera with new features like wireless tethering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, support for tethering depends on the camera manufacturer, not Adobe, who does not write their own tethering support routines. When Canon releases the proper software support, then it will appear in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When Canon releases the proper software support, then it will appear in LR.

That's been true in the past. But support for the EOS Rebel T7i was first supported in Canon Digital Camera SDK v3.6, which was released June 2017:

https://www.developersupport.canon.com/content/canon-digital-camera-sdk-compatibility-charts

https://www.didp.canon-europa.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines