• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

menus do not work

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All menus on top of app dont work. I can pick tools and it work but when trying to open for example file menu it appear and disappear really fast and do not respond to the mouse clicking.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

SO I called Adobbe technical support. They gave me this command "netsh winsock reset" and I run it on hte command prompt and Indesign is working well.

Thanks though for your good intentions.

Have a great day

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign?

R. 2017 CC

What operating system?

R. Windows 10 64 bits

And in addition to Bob's questions, are you using a secondary monitor?

R. yes

Also, check to see if something is on lying on top of your Escape key (ruling out the obvious first).

R. Done. Nothing on it. I tried other apps and for example  I open Photoshop and works ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which monitor is the menu misbehaving on? The primary monitor or the secondary monitor? And is that monitor a HiDPI display being scaled through windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In terms of Windows 10 x64, has it been updated to the so-called “Creators Update” sometime in the last month or two and if so, did InDesign's menus work before then?

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov

It it the try version. Just want to make sure all is ok before paying for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO I called Adobbe technical support. They gave me this command "netsh winsock reset" and I run it on hte command prompt and Indesign is working well.

Thanks though for your good intentions.

Have a great day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you mixing HiDPI and standard monitors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

No, I not mixing HiDPI and standard monitors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in addition to Bob's questions, are you using a secondary monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, check to see if something is on lying on top of your Escape key (ruling out the obvious first).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix for this for MacOS. The same thing is happening to me since I updated to Monterey last night. Can't access ANY menus - just flash and disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes!!

I've been through all of the forums and after chatting with Adobe Tech Support, the culprit (on my Mac, with InDesign 16.4 and 17.1) was the system display scaling setting - I changed it from default for monitor to settings -> displays -> scaled -> more space and everything worked. The menus stopped disappearing on the top and right-click contextual menus worked once again. 

This was after uninstalling, cleaning up, deleting prefs, multiple times ... such an easy fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines