Exit

Solid Layer unwanted colour change bug

Contributor ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a bug?

I just want to change the size of a solid layer. > Replace Footage > Solid

But for some reason, it changes the colour to pure white. Instead of black.

It is a bit of a pain when this happens because it means I have to re-render everything. I have seen this problem before, most of the time I spot it.

But not on this occasion.  Can this be fixed in future updates?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely sure what your process is.  It sounds like you are replacing a black solid with a white solid from the project window.  Replacing solids with other solids seems counter-intuitive to me, unless there's a very specific reason to do so.

Select the solid in the timeline that you want to change.  Then choose Layer/Solid Settings and change the size of the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you understand. Maybe I could explain better, and maybe I can now I not in a rush.

The AV spec changed at the last moment. from 3800x1080 to 3600x814.

I created a grey graded background from two layers. I masked a hole with lots of feather on the solid black layer to create a vignette and placed it over the top of the white layer solid, then then pre-comped the to layers into a comp called background. (Yes I'm sure there are better ways of creating a background.) The result is basically a graded background for a info graphic style. So that the background it isn't just pure white.

I didn't have to change the size of the layer, but I didn't have a tight deadline, so I thought, lets just change the size of the solids to fit the comp perfectly (maybe I have OCD).

If I am changing the (size only) of the black solid layer does it automatically change the solid layer colour from black to white, even when I didn't put my cursor near that colour option in the solid layer settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the size only will not change the color.

My guess is changing the work u did on the solid will not simply confirm by resizing. 

It will distort it. Is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be for some reason. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would open up the solid settings and enter a new size. Simple and easy. If you have added masks or animated the position you may run into some other problems. It's impossible to know without a little better description of the workflow and the problem you are running into. The shortcut for Solid Settings is right there in the layer menu. Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + y

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 4.38.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solid issue render - YouTube

EDIT: Now deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't understand JulianD. Did you solve this issue?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin. I had the video up for a few days.  I don't think the problem is solved. I use a Mac Pro, with el-Capitan. It seems not everyone has the same problem.

It is a small problem but nothing I can not keep an eye on. So I left it at that. 

Thanks for your reply.

Jools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK Jools,

Let me know if there's anything I can do. Please contact support for assistance: Contact Customer Care

Hopefully, they'll help you with a fix.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines