• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a note of keyboard shortcuts

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was watching a youtube tutorial and noticed the provider had a note of keyboard short cuts on the left hand panel of the Lightroom screen i.e. under Collections.

Anyone know how this was done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Instructions are best provided in John's link in Post#3 above. He did write the article that I learnt from!

Creating the PNG graphic image in Photoshop can use several features- Text, Shapes, graphic, etc. and I found that using white text on a transparent background made a flourish that was very visible in Lr.

ScreenShot108.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please give us the link to the tutorial so we can see what you are talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way to keyboard shortcuts is the Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+/ .   (Note that is Ctrl plus the key with a question mark- does that seem logical?) This box shows shortcuts that are related to the current module in use.

But as to the question-

I believe you are talking about the "Panel End Marks".

This can be changed to several defaults in the Preferences dialog/Interface tab-

The "End Mark" is only visible when most of the panels are condensed down, but will show below both left and right panels.

ScreenShot101.jpg

And the next step is to design your own Flourish in Photoshop and save it (as a PNG type file) then place it in a folder called "Panel End Marks" within the same parent folder as the Presets folders. (eg.  C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom)

It may take a few design version to get it looking correct.

ScreenShot102.jpg

I have created several, but currently use one with a guide to Star & Label ratings. If my memory is correct-I think I learnt this 'trick' from John Beardsworth sometime past.

ScreenShot103.jpg   ScreenShot107.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From here. I'm surprised my favourite "chimping" never became widely-adopted

Ratings-chimp-.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL  Thanks John.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks form this detailed response. I have tried to follow your excellent guidance correctly and now see the "flourish" on either side but the .png files do not show. Any suggestions?  Regards Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instructions are best provided in John's link in Post#3 above. He did write the article that I learnt from!

Creating the PNG graphic image in Photoshop can use several features- Text, Shapes, graphic, etc. and I found that using white text on a transparent background made a flourish that was very visible in Lr.

ScreenShot108.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines