• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Communication between browser and files...

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there...

I've run into a small problem. Obviously, I can update an HTML file (for example) and then, when I refresh my browser, I see that the change I made, reflected on the page.

But, how about making a change in a browser and having that update be reflected in the HTML file (could be any file, such as CSS, LESS, SaSS, etc)?

Is there any way to 'communicate' this way between on either a locally hosted, virtual server or a cloud host (that I have read/write access to?

Thanks for any help you may offer!

-Brian

javascript​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of replies could indicate that this is, as yet, not possible.

Dreamweaver does have Live View which is a rendering engine based on Chrome. In other words, it is a 'browser' within Dreamweaver that allows you to make the changes that automatically changes the code. You can also change the style rules within Live view, but pre-compiled files (Less/Sass) will not be affected.

Please visit the Dreamweaver forum for more on Dreamweaver.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly question then. How does something like TinyMCE (or any similar tool) update an HTML file? I mean, you are (basically) updating content in the browser, just in the editor...but it ultimately has to update the html file, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are most likely referring to a CMS (Content Management System) site, where registered users can update the site using the browser.  A CMS site is database driven, meaning that the page (HTML) is populated from information contained in a database. When the content is changed (by using the likes of TinyMCE), you are actually changing the data in the database which in turn shows the changed content in the browser.

Have a look at this basic explanation from Simon Meisinger How do CMS work? - Quora

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines