• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

correct size for swf/FLV video files in Presenter 7?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2008 Oct 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,
I'm trying to use Presenter with some screen capture and other video an I cant seem to get the video to show up at the correct size. If the video is scaled for screen capture it looks really bad. I can build new resources or export to any type or video/swf or FLV but I don't seem to be able to control how to get this to work once in comes into presenter. Real video is OK as that scales well.
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I record in Camtasia at 800x600, then have it resize to 640x480. When I import that file into PowerPoint, it has a huge white border around it, and I have to resize the video until there's no white border left.

It's still quite large on the screen, and the fact that PowerPoint / Presenter seem to resample/rescale the video seems to lower the quality some, which is why I often use heavy zoom effects within Camtasia.

I've tried using Captivate for creating the videos, but honestly, it's faster and provides a better end result if I'm using Camtasia. What software are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2008 Oct 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes I'm using Camtasia too, I've been a user since version to, I really like the presenter layout, for longer content I just can see why you cant set video to be the correct size (100%) by default screen recording always looses quality when not at 100%. Unless I se any other ideas I'll try and work around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources