• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do U nod-off at UR computer?

Engaged ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you find yourself falling asleep at your computer sometimes to awaken suddenly only to find you've dropped your stylus on the floor. Does this happen more and more even at work? Oh-oh, sounds like it's time for another 12 step program!

nodding-off.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but sometimes I want to.

image199.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... because I come home from a 12 hour shift at 3 in the morning, and get on the computer for a little while before going to bed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was working, yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Chuck+Uebele  wrote

When I was working, yes.

That made me smile.  Every so often I used to get, and relish, a job at work that required little thought, like building circuit boards.  I used to listen to audio books on cassette players (it was a long time ago), but often had to back track a minute because something had challenged my manly issue with multitasking.  I still listen to audio books (on my phone nowadays) and if it gets to warm, I sometimes realize I  have no idea what is happening with the story because I have nodded off. 

Nowadays I can listen to audio books while processing a large batch of images, which is a blessing because I don't particularly enjoy working through hundreds of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's a good way to get fired.

I do get a bit sleepy after lunch, a hot cup of Chi tea is enough to get me going again.

I recall a coworker who liked to describe the after lunch sleepiness as the "McDonald's coma"

If you really are having problems staying awake, you might visit your doctor to get to the bottom of it, before you fall asleep behind the wheel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, it is a good way to get fired. Luckily, I had my own office, and my direct manager worked in a different state, over 1,800 miles away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines