Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render fail/incomplete on OSX Sierra

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all

I've recently upgraded to Sierra from Yosemite and my longer renders are failing.

Anything over about an hour and half will fail to complete, and hang AE.

I'm rendering PNG sequence to a folder on the same drive.
Using the c4d engine in a lot of the comps, no 3rd party plugins.

I thought it was the Energy Saver settings but I've checked those are set at the following:

. turn off display after 3hrs

. prevent computer from sleeping when the display is off

. do not put hard discs to sleep when possible

. wake for network access

. do not start after power failure

. do not enable power nap

any ideas on another system setting I've overlooked that could be making my renders kind of time out?
cheers

AE CC 14.2.1

iMac 2013

3.5 ghz i7

32gb ram

nvidia geforce gtx 775m 2gb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried getting the render time down in AE to see if that helps? perhaps pre-rendering the c4d component?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, I've definitely worked on very similar comps of similar render time in Yosemite and had no problems, it's feeling like a Sierra/Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've babysat some renders to see what happens and it may be that closing the comp viewer window [ I habitually ~ onto the render queue window before hitting render ] is causing the issue.
Leaving the comp window open to help watch the progress meant AE didn't hang, so I'll run a few more both ways and if that does seem to be the problem I'll log a fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi digitaldavejackson,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Kevin.

I've had far fewer issues with keeping the comp viewer window open during render but I think 1/10 has hanged at around 98% complete. I don't think its due to complexity in my comp as things get easier processing-wise towards the end of my timeline.

It does seem to be unique to this particular project that the OS upgrade has found something objectionable about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DaveJackson,

So sorry for the frustration. Feel free to work with our support staff: Contact Customer Care Be sure to ask for the video queue.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines