• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add swatch library to after effects cc?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as the title says…. how do i add a swatch library to after effects in creative cloud? i don't want to have to eye drop colors here and there, i want to keep a collection of my clients colorways. i saw the swatch script from video hive. is that good? does that only work with the said website? is there a way to customize color in that script?

thank you in advanced!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

The Kuler panel built into After Effects is not intended to be the complete solution. It's just a step.

If you want to make specific requests for what you'd like to see next, please submit a detailed feature request:

http://adobe.ly/feature_request

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not free, but our Test Gear plug-in—in addition to adding a waveform monitor and vectorscope—adds a full Photoshop-style color swatch book. You can try out the plug-in as a demo which you can download from our website here.

(Disclaimer: My company makes and sells Test Gear, so I'm biased.)

Bob Currier

Synthetic Aperture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The upcoming version of After Effects includes a Kuler panel built into After Effects:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2014/04/new-changed-after-effects-cc-2014.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Kuler integration (I just updated to 2014 today) is really useful but it's not quite what I'd hoped it would be. I use After Effects for vector animation and would find a swatches panel with Kuler built in - similar to that found in Illustrator - much more useful. Instead I'm having to position the Kuler panel in such a way that the colour scheme I want to use is visible so I can pick with the eye dropper, but I guess it's an upgrade from the print out of hexidecimals taped to my monitor!

I understand After Effects isn't really built like that, but it would make life so much easier if there was a swatch panel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Kuler panel built into After Effects is not intended to be the complete solution. It's just a step.

If you want to make specific requests for what you'd like to see next, please submit a detailed feature request:

http://adobe.ly/feature_request

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd. It's definitely a step in the right direction, and I'm really looking forward to exploring all the other new features.

I'll send that request through. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use to import in AFX, a color palette comp that I have made. No plugin, no script, free download.

http://alessandroreali.blogspot.it/2017/07/free-after-effects-color-palette...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in an additional step to alessandror1879048 suggestion, I found the new EGP handy in making a float swatch panel. simply dragging the color controls to the EGP, and now the advantage is that this panel is free and not occupied like the effects panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too want this, did you submit a feature request? Didn't realize this was so old 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines