Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to connect two or more monitors with black magic design ultrastudio express

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

can any one explain me how to connect my iMac + dell monitor + projector with black magic design ultra studio express

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EditorPavankumarEndarapu,

I am moving your query to the Hardware Forums (for helpful suggestions from our experts).

I would suggest you to post the same query on the Blackmagic forums as well. Blackmagic Forum • View forum - Cinematography

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that your iMac is 2012 or newer (such that it has two Thunderbolt ports) and that you have the Thunderbolt version of the UltraStudio Express (not the USB version):

• Use one Thunderbolt port to connect the Dell monitor.  The Dell probably came with the right cable for connecting it.  The cable should be DisplayPort Mini on the iMac side.
  • Use the other Thunderbolt port to connect the Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Express.  The UltraStudio Express should have included a 12" Thunderbolt cable.
  • Use a HDMI cable to connect the UltraStudio Express to the projector.

This video might be helpful:

StudioTech 52: Blackmagic Design Ultrastudio Express - YouTube

As well as this diagram (There are a few variations of the UltraStudio Express, but this should be close to what you have if not it exactly):

ultrastudio-express-connections.jpg

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Warren Heaton Thank you man.... But small doubt  after setting up that can i mirror my secondary monitor and projector to be played same ?  if not how can i setup that ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be easy via Adobe's Mercury Transmit.

• If in Premiere Pro, Preferences > Playback > Enable Mercury Transmit and then enable the corresponding Video Device (your second monitor in this case and the Blackmagic Ultrastudio Express).
  • If in After Effects, Preferences > Video Preview > Enable Mercury Transmit and then enable the corresponding Video Device (your second monitor in this case and the Blackmagic Ultrastudio Express).

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which one is better for this process

- Blackmagic Ultrastudio Express  (or)

-Black Magic Design Ultra Studio HD Mini Thunderbolt 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines