• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to solve? Application purchased in one Adobe ID goes to another Adobe ID!

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a frustrating issue which Adobe customer support is unable to resolve after 3 days and is now pushing it to local resellers to sort out (and resellers are not keen to assist).

Background:

I am paying for two accounts / Adobe IDs currently. One used by me and another by someone else (I'm sponsoring this other account). Both have Photoshop subscriptions currently and are paid for using a single, common credit card (mine).

The sponsored account now requires Illustrator.

When the sponsored account holder tries to purchase a plan (Illustrator) while correctly logged-in, the system switches to my account during payment ("Signed in as A" becomes "Signed in as B"). The result is that Illustrator goes into my Adobe ID instead! The other account holder is therefore not able to use it on his computer. I had to ask support to cancel and refund.

What I have tried:

- cleared cache, history, cookies etc before making the purchase

- ensured that I was not logged in

- subscribe to Illustrator from my computer

- subscribe to Illustrator from the computer of the other account (also switches accounts just before payment)

It is strange that the Adobe system switches from one account to another; and Adobe support has no clue what is going on or how to solve this issue.

For the time being, I have dumped Illustrator and used another software to carry out the necessary work. But I would like to solve this issue since its a matter of time before another software is required and the same issue crops up.

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Contact support - For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat or phone option...

Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it fails to connect try using a different browser.

Creative Cloud support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_change-or-upgrade-your-membership

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact support - For the link below click the Still Need Help? option in the blue area at the bottom and choose the chat or phone option...

Make sure you are logged in to the Adobe site, have cookies enabled, clear your cookie cache.  If it fails to connect try using a different browser.

Creative Cloud support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_change-or-upgrade-your-mem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I've been using that for the past 3 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gurdip,

I was able to check your account and saw that there was only one case which was for cancellation and refund and had been resolved yesterday itself.

Is there a different case number that you are referring to in your post above?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sheena, For the current case, one full transaction was made. It was cancelled and refunded. Numerous attempts were also made after that while trying various solutions, but each time terminated when the account switched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines