• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Does not recognize files even after relinking from ! dialog

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom treats all images in my library as missing even after I follow the dialog from the missing picture ! and relink.

I experimented with merging a small folder after Lightroom said the folder already existed (but still would not link to it).

LIGHTROOM THEN CREATED A NEW FOLDER FOR THE ENTIRE EXTERNAL DRIVE I USE FOR MY LIBRARY AND MOVED SOME IMAGES THERE.

Thus in the Lightroom Library panel on the left in addition to Batik 2 (my external drive) There is also Batik 2.1. Lightroom will recognize and work with the few images there, but not the main library itself on Batik.

Batik 2.1 does not appear in the Mac Finder. It is a directory structure that exists only in Lightroom.

I don't want to loose all the edits I have made to Photos throughout my catalog.

I have tried resetting preferences and yesterday performed an update to the latest version on Lightroom in the Creative Cloud.

I am traveling and have a complete backup of all photos prior to my trip at home (get back on Saturday). I could switch to that backup library as my main library (the external drive name is different) but am not sure this will fix the problem and don't want to ruin the backup. I have simply have to add the new photos.

I caused the problem by removing the external drive while it was finishing making previews after importing by adding. Stupid I know. I thought I was pulling out the card reader which I had ejected.

Any help that would save my work and allow me to work with my new images would be invaluable.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us screen captures. We need to see both the view of Lightroom, and how the photos exist in your operating system.

If re-connecting in Lightroom isn't working as you expect, show us screen captures of that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of the disk directory structure. Basically Batik 2 -> Photos -> Iceland. Iceland is one of many folders in Photos. Directory structure was created by adding new folders WITHIN LightroomGoodwin Finder Director.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the directory structure in the left panel of Lightroom's Library module. Note that 1) there are now 2 Batik 2's. The original -- actual -- disk is on the top. Note the question marks on folders. The second Batik 2 is the new one created by Lightroom where I choose to merge a small folder, plus some others, possibly from the work in progress when I disconnected while previews were being made.

Goodwin Lightroom -- Duplicate Batik

Here is the find file dialog box I got when I tried to relink from the !. I never got this before. Two Batik's one with a red minus sign

Goodwin Search When Told to find Photo.jpg

When I tried to go to the second (yellow) Batik to make a screen shot for you Lightroom told me there were no photos the directory and all of the photos disappeared from the library (they had been there with exclamation points a moment earlier).

Goodwin All Photos Gone with Tried to Relink.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines