• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIGPUSniffer just tied my Mac Pro up for 3 days — why, Adobe?

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my "support" options are (1) voice my opinion in the Forums or (2) go jump in a lake, I'll throw this one out here.

I did, eventually, find the answer in the forums, but it wasn't until I'd exhausted all of the troubleshooting skills I've acquired since the late 1980's that I thought to google the application's name, "AIGPUSniffer", which revealed itself in my Mac's Activity Monitor as hogging huge amounts of resources, including making my mouse and keyboard non-operational for minutes at a time and adding 20 minutes to loading my major Adobe applications. I've been using major Adobe applications since Illustrator 88 came out. This is a total outrage.

Why was this sniffer being slipped unseen and unasked-for into upgrades to my Indesign CC 2017? And why was the fix to go into Bridge and undo all the various File Type Associations that Adobe, in it's infinite loopy wisdom, decided to change to... wait for it... "AIGPUSniffer". Whoever thought this one up should be fired immediately before he or she drives any more loyal long-time Adobe users back to QuarkXpress, which is where I'm about to go if this nonsense doesn't stop.

I would like an answer from a knowledgeable Adobe support person as to why this poorly implemented sniffer is being secretly slipped into users file systems.

I'm also carefully watching another apparently "vital" secret Adobe process, "Adobe Desktop Service", so vital, apparently, that I haven't found a way to un-install it myself, and haven't as yet found any explanation for it's purpose. Hello support! Adobe used to be a much more open and reliable company, what has happened to your management structure? Did you forget that actual knowledgeable people with limited budgets (i.e., having to pay for support plans in order to find out why Adobe's latest secret install is borking our computers — if, in fact, anyone in paid support knows anything about this to begin with) still use your products on a daily, professional basis?

And, do you really expect me to store anything — anything whatsoever — like application preferences and files, in a "cloud" that I can only access reliably when Comcast is having a good day around here? Have you no idea how things like internet connections actually work in the real world?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

these are user-to-user forums. 

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums. 

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, that's really helpful, I get to chose from irrelevant menus and maybe, if I've got a couple hours, get to wait in the queue just to get to chat with someone who hasn't the foggiest notion of what I'm trying to give feedback to Adobe about

I've been down that road before. It ends at the edge of a cliff.

fortunately a forum user with a better grasp of the reality of Adobe's ridiculous self-support initiative pointed me to the "Wishform"

we'll see if I got the attention of anyone in that department

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines