Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour reversal/negative effect

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello all,

have started using Premiere Elements this year, mostly for editing together timelapse clips into longer presentations. TLs ( done in LRTimelapse) Initially, no problems, using a mix of TL's rendered in both 1080 and 4K.  Also some regular video editing , using 1080 captured via Gopro. But a problem is absolutely crippling me now--some, or all, clips loaded as media show up with large black areas, and false colours. This was only occasional, to start with, and could be fixed by removing the clip from the project, then re-loading. But now, it is affecting everything I attempt. I am a using Win 10, on an i7 machine with 8meg of RAM. Raw footage is is stored on an external drive.  Attempting to render brings the same effect in the finished product.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to be mixing clips in a project that are dissimilar in structure.  That may not work.  What version of Premiere Elements?  What are the project settings?  How are you establishing the project settings?  What is the structure of the various clips. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also occurs with just a single clip. MP4  4K UHD tl generated in LRTimelapse was the latest. I will revisit using the same clip rendered in 1080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it again, importing the 1080 rendering of the same clip. As soon as I dragged the clip onto the timeline, same result .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This effect appears to be random. I abandoned the project I was editing, and started again. I have added 13 MP4 1080 clips thus far, and the problem has not yet re-occurred. yet, when i decided to use the tutorial this morning to see if i was missing anything, the problem immediately re-occurred on the first clip added.

I am using the current version of Premiere Elements, and as for structure, not sure of what you mean. I am adding media from an external hard drive, and dragging them to the timeline. What else should be involved in a simple project? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines