• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Settings for Time line

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am shooting video in either XAVC S 4K(24p 100m) or XAVC S(24p 50m). Under new project settings what format(s) should I use to get it to work correctly on the time line. I have been using the DSLR 1080p and my renders have been blurry and worse than not rendering at all. I have plenty of computing power(i7/3.6GHz, 16MB ram,SSD hard drive, AMD Radeon RX 560 video card 2GB SDRAM). At this point I only wish to output 1080p but I like the additional depth from 4K. Should I downsize that before editing?

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on a recent version of Premiere Elements, your project settings are automatically created based on the first clip you put on the timeline.  It will be a 4K project if your first clip is 4K.  It will be an HD project if your first clip is HD.   In other words, whatever "new project settings" you pick will change when you add the first clip.  There is an exception offered in a small check block where you can force use of the project settings you've selected.

I don't know what is best for you, but personally I shoot and edit in 4K.  If I need output other than 4K, I will do that at the end of editing in the Export & Share process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, my version is Premier Elements15. So it doesn't matter what I set(or force) for project settings as it will do that automatically? Should this fix the rendering problem also?

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do not want to use various scales of 4K in a HD project

edit in 4K and export to 1080p.

If you do want to zoom in on 4K, set up a 1080p project/timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines