Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and Premier Elements

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm very new to Lightroom having migrated from the Elements package. I have lightroom set up to organise my photo's and video's I've taken. Latter are nothing huge just short family vids taken with my camera's movie function. Though I removed photoshop elements I've left premier elements on my pc (given the creative cloud is not generous enough to give out premier pro).

When I'm looking at my video's they show and play fine in lightroom. However, when I right click any of them all the options to 'edit in' are greyed out. I would have expected to see premier elements as a selection to open up and edit in.

So why is everything under edit in greyed out?

Many thanks

J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Lightroom has limited functionality with Video and as far as I know it has never been possible to edit in Premiere Pro or Premiere Elements directly from the LR Library. LR is useful for setting in and out points and then exporting sequences. No editing is possible in Develop although you can grab a frame and edit that using the sliders in Develop. Then copy or sync the develop settings to the entire clip to give it the same look. I tend to use the Elements Organizer to browse videos, without im

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wot no answer??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom has limited functionality with Video and as far as I know it has never been possible to edit in Premiere Pro or Premiere Elements directly from the LR Library. LR is useful for setting in and out points and then exporting sequences. No editing is possible in Develop although you can grab a frame and edit that using the sliders in Develop. Then copy or sync the develop settings to the entire clip to give it the same look. I tend to use the Elements Organizer to browse videos, without importing into Lightroom unless I want to use the above copy/sync workflow. From Organizer it is possible to edit directly in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines