• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep animated graphics looping at the end of a scene?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm new, please forgive me if I refer to any application features incorrectly...

I created around 20 animated looping library graphics in Adobe Animate CC. I set them up like this example:

https://ibb.co/nzwr9k

(in this example the coins repeatedly drop into the piggie bank)

I added them to my "Scene 1" timeline. As the playhead in Scene 1 advances, I have the individual animations fading in and growing, one at a time, a new one added about every 20 frames until the playhead gets to the end of the scene. So by the last frame I have 20 simple animations looping. The main "Scene 1" timeline is 450 frames. So my Scene 1 looks something like this:

https://ibb.co/gYS9vQ

(In the screenshot above, half the icons have appeared as the indicator moves from left to right)

The problem is, when the playhead gets to the end of "Scene 1" (frame 450), all the individual animations stop.

My question is, how do I keep all those individual looping animations going forever, even though it's at the end of the Scene? Is this possible? Or have I approached this incorrectly?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Rothgarr  wrote

Thanks, I had no idea. i changed the property types of those animations from "Graphic" to "Movie Clip".

Unfortunately, they all still stop when the main timeline gets to the end of Scene 1.

If you only change them in the library, it won't do anything. You have to change every instance, on every keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make them movieclips instead of graphics.

Graphic symbol timelines run in lockstep with their parent timeline.

Movieclip symbol timelines run independently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I had no idea. i changed the property types of those animations from "Graphic" to "Movie Clip".

Unfortunately, they all still stop when the main timeline gets to the end of Scene 1. Do I need to add some sort of script at the end of my main Scene 1?

Also, one of my animations isn't looping at all, even though it's set up the same as all the others. I'm using this to loop each of the animations: this.gotoAndPlay(1);     is that the right way to loop each one? Can't figure out why that one isn't looping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rothgarr  wrote

Unfortunately, they all still stop when the main timeline gets to the end of Scene 1.

If you only change them in the library, it won't do anything. You have to change every instance, on every keyframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick! Thank you!

I only updated one to test. Quick follow-up question: I had to manually re-drag the symbol and re-do the tweens. I first tried using the find/replace function but that didn't work -- is there a more efficient way of changing every instance as you described?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the bottom of the timeline is one icon that says Edit Multiple Frames, and another that says Modify Markers. Select the first one, and from the second choose Marker Range All. Lock the layers you're not trying to change and do a Select All. In the Properties panel you can change them all at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something wrong with the tweens. Also, you have 31 things in the library that are not used, though that shouldn't matter.

One interesting thing, if you go to the library and use the menu to select unused items, and delete them, then do a Commands/Convert to Other Document Types to make an ActionScript FLA, the animation works fine. Converting that back to HTML5 Canvas does not work fine.

I found that if I made a new symbol and copied the layer from the world symbol, and used the new one instead, that fixed the problem. Same with the waves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines