• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File > Open Crashes Photoshop ?

Advocate ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been experiencing an issue whereas I can't open a file (File > Open) I was hoping uninstalling and re-installing Photoshop would solve this problem; unfortunately, no.  Anyone else experience this problem ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

A third party desktop organization program called Bins; was the cause. I would suggest if you experience this problem to uninstall Bins and cease to use it.  It was great when it was being developed under Windows8 but as of Windows10 (1703 / Creators Edition) and prior developed is more or less dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is crashing what does the crash report show is the failing module?

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM;
  • Photoshop System Info
  • System Crash report etc
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can mark off with confidence hardware is not the problem.  To produce the error, I simply open Photoshop(2017.1.1 20170425.r.252) on Windows (1703) followed by

File > Open.

WerFault_2017-05-31_17-56-48.png

Event logs point too; As well I found this thread but none of the suggestions for my situation helped.

Faulting application name: Adobe Spaces Helper.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58fefe7b

Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.2924.1537.0, time stamp: 0x584a4ed5

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000018b0a6

Faulting process id: 0x90b8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2da58bd8fa3db

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces\Adobe Spaces Helper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces\libcef.dll

Report Id: 7c1271bc-871d-4059-8f17-c18f4573d1fb

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look are these threads.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=Adobe+Spaces+Helper.exe&place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024

Photoshop CC 2017 crash when try to print  looks promising

this one also seems to show its preferences related

Re: libcef.dll error fix?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked a few times, back to the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is related to settings.  Regardless how many times I delete my settings it doesn't work.  I think I may know how I caused it not to work but without getting it working again; I'll never know

I really can't take this frustration; could I please speak with someone at Adobe to make arrangements ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User here do not work for Adobe. If you want to deal with Adobe support use their chat, or call them or submit a bug report on Adobe feedback site. Photoshop Family Customer Community

Do you install third party addons and plug-ins.  Try running Photoshop without then see if tour Preferences still become corrupt.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A third party desktop organization program called Bins; was the cause. I would suggest if you experience this problem to uninstall Bins and cease to use it.  It was great when it was being developed under Windows8 but as of Windows10 (1703 / Creators Edition) and prior developed is more or less dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you don't have or use Bins? I'm on windows7 and since the latest update, I can't open files in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you've solved the problem. What version of Photoshop ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest CC version.  All Cloud programs up to date. However, the cloud app "repairs" itself every time I turn on the computer. Would that affect this situation? 

And weirdly, I can't right click on a photo in ID and choose Edit Original, as that doesn't work either. 

Kitty Werner Master Gardener Support, North

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restart the Creative Cloud program, and do a update; maybe verifying everything is up to date will solve the problem followed by restarting the computer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stupidly, I removed all creative cloud apps -- everything, and added them back. Except now Muse didn't download. Can't get that back. 

Kitty Werner Master Gardener Support, North

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Muse is on subscription, you should be able to install.  Is Photoshop loading ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Bins on my computer. Photoshop is functioning, but I had to deny a setting. Now, it's Muse giving me serious trouble. I could upload the complete site correctly in BC, but it doesn't upload the corrected, updated files on the host server. Even after deleting the files off the server, and reloading all of them. Get that awful message, "Some files..." However, I did make the change suggested in the AppPref.html file. Still -- it doesn't load. I'm beating my head. And I'd just updated Muse to the latest, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean, you could upload the compete site correctly in BC ? What setting did you have to deny ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

About two months ago, something apparently happenend that now makes my Photoshop CC 2017 crash every time I try to open a file.

I can create and save new files, it crashes completely as soon as I select a file and click "Open".

I tried the usual methods to improve performance, but with no effect.

I tried de- and reinstalling Photoshop, but with no effect. I even tried to install an older version of Photoshop, but same problem.

My Windows is up to date, and there is enough disk space.

I don't have any issues with other CC apps like Bridge or Lightroom.

As I haven't used Photoshop a lot in the past months (and after it started crashing just to troubleshoot) I really can't tell what might have happened/what I might have done to cause the issue.

I don't have a program called Bins. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve my problem!

For me it apparently was a driver issue. I found out by mistake when I opened a PSD-file (which I apparently never did before) and had no problems. Opening a jpg again resulted in an instant crash.

So I identified my graphics processor and downloaded the driver directly from their website. Boom - working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seemed to be a Team Viewer issue for me.  I just closed the TV app and it started working again. Not a fan of installing updates.  Adobe should be more proactive on sending out possible issues with third party software that uses graphics card processing.  I had this problem with all three programs I updated.  Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From one day to another, PS crashes when opening JPG or TIFF files.
It opens PSD just fine.
No canges to the systema, just a  [inappropriate language removed by moderator] PS update.
A.N.N.O.Y.I.N.G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines