Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Adobe Program Should I Use?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So basically one of my colleagues asked me for some advice about making an interactive model for her project.

Basically at the beginning of year she has to write a report saying 'This is what we want to do' (lets call it report x) and now at the end she wants to make some form of multimedia which is interactive and explains 'This is what we achieved this year'.

What she wants it to do is outline all the goals they set out in report x with videos, graphics and images and people being able to click on buttons to see how they have achieved it.

She wants to put this onto our company internal website for people to view.

Not sure, if any, Adobe project can do this and can be exported to put on another web page but hopefully you can help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to The Lounge​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamesj99332483  wrote

She wants to put this onto our company internal website for people to view.

I would use Dreamweaver for this project then

yes it can also be put up on another website as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do this with Muse too. Might be easier. I see this as a single page that you just scroll down and it reveals the various accomplishments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? She wants it to be like an interactive video. So if you click something it opens up another video or another image?

Muse? Is this hard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to require multiple skills, products & technologies -- video, HTML5, XML, JavaScript, CSS, etc... 

• Adobe Animate CC (animation)
  • Premier Pro or After Effects (video)
  • Photoshop (raster images)
  • Illustrator (vector graphics)
  • Dreamweaver (web development)

Alternatively, you could create a dynamic PDF with InDesign.  End users would need Acrobat or Acrobat Reader to interact with it.

Create dynamic PDF documents in Adobe InDesign

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To tag on to Nancy's suggestion of using InDesign, it might be worth looking at what the Publish Online feature will produce to see if that will cover all of the requirements. Although Adobe hosts the content there is an option to embed the code on your website.

View uploaded document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? She wants it to be like an interactive video. So if you click something it opens up another video or another image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes really

you could also use Muse but ime Dreamweaver is the better tool for internal systems... Muse can deploy onto a Windows server without major stress but if you are still using Linux or Apache then its very hard.

the interactive video is easy for Muse or Dreamweaver as long as the workstations are set to play them and as this is an internal system that should be under your control

p.s, Animate CC to Muse isn't something I'd recommend so thats another reason to go with Dreamweaver instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - do you have a tutorial I could follow for this?

If I make it on Dreamweaver how do I put it on the internal webpage? Is there a shortcode - I dont want to copy and paste the whole code the internal page has it's own default set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamesj99332483  wrote

Okay - do you have a tutorial I could follow for this?

If I make it on Dreamweaver how do I put it on the internal webpage? Is there a shortcode - I dont want to copy and paste the whole code the internal page has it's own default set up.

You'll need more than one tutorial to cover the various aspects of your project.

First Website in Dreamweaver ~

When your project is completed, you will need to upload (transfer) files form your local computer to the intranet server.   Relevant files will consist of your HTML document that contains the project + all supporting assets including scripts, css, images, videos, etc....   There are no shortcode for this.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say it depends on the level of your colleague's skills (like Nancy mentioned) and the amount of time she wants to devote to learning how to create the various parts/assembling it in a final form. If she has some of the parts, it might be easier to assemble with Adobe Spark (spark.adobe.com) Check out Terry White's Spark page on his trip to Iceland ICELAND 2017. In this case, assembling the parts is about the same level of difficulty as posting a photo, video, or link to Facebook. It goes on a page that is hosted by Adobe, but the company can link to that Spark page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spark is not a bad idea.  But the OP said they want to run this on a company Intranet.  We don't know if web access is available on their intranet.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's a good point, Nancy. If they can't use Spark because of their intranet, then I'd suggest a Muse. Actually a template for either Muse or Dreamweaver might work even better, so they don't have to worry about the layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

So it seems as though Dreamweaver and Muse seems to be the best options here? As long as it can be embedded on a company Intranet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Spark may be an option - create a scrolling page with video, photos and text. It's free. The saved project is hosted by Adobe but the link can be shared on blogs and othre sites or sent by email.

Make Images, Videos and Web Stories for Free in Minutes | Adobe Spark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines