• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange horizontal glitches when rendering from After Effects

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the computers in my office is producing strange, horizontal artifacts when rendering from After Effects. They are usually only a couple of frames long but are nonetheless distracting, unexpected, and unacceptable.

Computer

MacPro (Mid 2010)

2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

32GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC

AMD Radeon HD 7950 3072 MB

After Effects CC 2017

Render Location

The file is being rendered to a network drive on a robust NAS that we use to store our files. Both PCs and other Macs on the network successfully read from and write to this NAS on a daily basis, using After Effects as well as the rest of the Adobe creative suite. These glitches are ALSO apparent when rendering to a local SSD on this particular Mac, which is why I believe that the location being rendered to is NOT the issue.

Render Method

Glitches are apparent when rendering from AfterEffects. Formats and codecs tried include:

Quicktime ProRes422HQ

Quicktime Animation

Quicktime H.264

Problems also occur when rendering the AE composition through Adobe Media Encoder. The glitches are similar, but with the addition on even more artifacts in large, solid color areas. The format being used out of AME is H.264 in MP4 container with the High Bitrate preset.

Troubleshooting

Clearing the cache seems to have no effect. Also, I have run MemTest86+ in an overnight pass. This test came back with no errors, leading me to believe that the computer's RAM is OK.

Sample from After Effects

The black bar at the top is a glitch -- it's something that happens elsewhere in he timeline.

AE Glitch.png

Sample from Adobe Media Encoder

Similar to AE glitch, but also notice the artifacts in the solid blue areas in the bottom 2 images. I do not regard this as H.264 noises, as it moves very erratically. Also, in my experience, H.264 noise tends to be most evident in areas that have a lot of motion and not solid color areas.

AEM glitch 1.png

AEM Glitch 2.png

AEM Glitch 3.png

I have submitted a bug report to Adobe, but the problem wastes a lot of time around the office. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi StephenD,

What happens if you disable GPU acceleration in AME?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not change nothing.

Thanks,

Lucas G. Freitas

21 99132-3761

2017-07-27 18:13 GMT-03:00 Kevin-Monahan <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Strange horizontal glitches when rendering from After Effects created by

Kevin-Monahan <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Kevin-Monahan> in *After

Effects* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9729626#9729626>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lucas,

Did you try purging cache? Memory and storage in After Effects

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines