• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects plug in for an excel file

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find an easier way to edit a ticker scroll for a studio show. The ticker formulates as a news ticker, mostly just events under different categories (think of the espn ticker/bottom crawl). I am trying to find am easier way to import an excel file with the correct information. if this is even possible, I have looked at some videos but as of now I am not seeing a text edit or even a way to link/import a xml. I am also wondering if something like this would even work for a scroll.

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: No. There are some automation plug-ins and scripts for AE, but generally there's no way to dynamically link such stuff to external sources in a way that would be useful for broadcast work, give or take the error-prone expression hack to link some basic external text file. If you really need it that often, it might be smarter to look into genuine broadcast titling systems from Ventus and what have you. All AE can give you is its own native text layers with all the limitations that they have.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try CompsFromSpreadsheet:

CompsFromSpreadsheet 5 - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

If you do, be sure to report back on how well you find that it works.

I've gotten pretty good results by copying and pasting long strings of text from Excel and/or text documents into Premiere Pro's "Default Crawl" Title generator.  Although, that's a "legacy" feature now.

Something else I've found helpful is copying a multi-cell spreadsheet from Excel to Word, converting the resulting table to text (separating text with Paragraph Marks), then using Word's Find and Replace to replace Paragraph Marks with three spaces or whatever character(s) are being used to separate the type segments.  This quickly gets the text into one long line for copying and pasting to PR or AE or wherever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what works great for this?  An actual Character Generator designed and built for the purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JenniferC,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if our experts’ advice helped you or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines