• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use the Creative Cloud Photography plan to edit Photo files only on my home computer?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just setup a new Windows 10 system, graduating from a grand old WIN XP machine that had the first version of Creative Suite CC on it. I have always used Photoshop for all of my photo editing and printing. Would I be able to use the Creative Cloud Photography plan to just edit and print photo files stored on my new home computer? Thanks, Steve S.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Hi Steve,

The Photography Plan includes Photoshop and Lightroom. Yes, if you transfer the photos to the new computer you'll be able to edit and print them like before. Syncing photos to the cloud is optional and often used when transferring photos between your tablet/phone and a computer with the Lightroom Mobile app. Photoshop workflows are essentially the same as older versions, just improvements and new features. Here are some resources which might help you get started.

Take your first steps with Lightroom and Photoshop |

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud License allows 2 activations at a time http://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html

-http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/legal/servicetou/Software_Terms-en_US-20150601_2200.pdf

-Install on a 2nd computer http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1452292?tstart=0

-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sign-in-out-activate-apps.html

-Windows or Mac does not matter... 2 on the same operating system, or 1 on each

-Two activations on one account MAY NOT be in use at the same time (note in the above license link)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, This does not simply answer my question. I don't necessarily want to synch any of my photo files to the cloud. I just want to edit the files residing on my computer and print them. Will I easily be able to do this with the Adobe.Creative Cloud Photography plan?  Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't necessarily want to synch any of my photo files to the cloud. I just want to edit the files residing on my computer and print them. Will I easily be able to do this with the Adobe.Creative Cloud Photography plan?  Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

The Photography Plan includes Photoshop and Lightroom. Yes, if you transfer the photos to the new computer you'll be able to edit and print them like before. Syncing photos to the cloud is optional and often used when transferring photos between your tablet/phone and a computer with the Lightroom Mobile app. Photoshop workflows are essentially the same as older versions, just improvements and new features. Here are some resources which might help you get started.

Take your first steps with Lightroom and Photoshop |

Lightroom tutorials | Learn how to use Lightroom CC

Photoshop tutorials | Learn how to use Photoshop CC

Photoshop Lightroom catalog FAQ

FAQ, common questions & answers | Lightroom CC

Adobe Photoshop Learn & Support

Hope these help, post back if you have more questions

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines