• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save animation preset of an expression of a property without saving it's keyframes

Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you save an animation preset without saving the layers current keyframes? I'm trying to apply an expression to the time remap property and it copies the keyframes every time, so when you apply it to a different layer you completely screw up the time remapping. Is this possible or am I not understanding something because I'm not the best at expressions yet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time Remapping is a bit of an oddity. If you have no Time Remapping keyframes, you don't have access to the property. (I assume it's still accessible through a scripting interface, but that's probably beyond the scope of what you're asking.)

For what it's worth, it's [otherwise] totally possible to save an expression-only preset, though that creates kind of a catch-22 here.
Could you... create the preset using the 0 frame keyframe + expression?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This depends on your expression. You can set one keyframe for time remapping at the head of the layer then use the expression to control time. Show us the expression and a complete explanation of what you are trying to accomplish and maybe we can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colton Media Productions,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines