• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Plugins shakes on resize

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`ve found that on AAE CC 2017 Version 14.2.0.198 (2017.2 Release) we are having strange shakes when any plugin`s window is resized.

By shake I mean quick changes of height and width +- few pixels of the plugin content. After window resized, all the strange effects stops. But during resize shaking is realy anoying.

While on the other machine where Version 14.0.1.5 (2017.0 Release) is installed, all same plugins works just as they should, absolutely smoothly without any shakes.

Settings are default on both machines.

Is it something wrong with web renderer of 14.2.x version? Or it is about some settings?

Can somebody help with this?

Thanks, beforehand!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update.

We`ve installed on both machine latest Version 14.2.1.34 of Adobe After Effect CC 2017, and still one machine has those lags (shakes), while another works fine.

Seems it is about system settings. Maybe it depends on some graphics driver.

Investigation continues...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "plugin window" you mean UI Panels?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By plugin I mean the Extesnion. For Example:

Window -> Extensions -> Adobe Color Themes (default installed one)

So basically it is a web-application, which is executed by the Chromium engine, inside the AAE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually more curious about the "window" part than the plugin part.   I think you're talking about UI panels I just can't imagine why only UI panels of plugins would be effected.  And you say it's happening on all of your plugin's windows?  So weird.  There must be some other commonality to what's being affected.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not make sense that it would be a graphics driver issue.  I doubt a graphics driver would discriminate between plugin windows & native windows.   Does it matter if the plugin window is floating or docked?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn`t metter whether the plugin window is pined to the main layout or is floating as a separate window. The shake-lag is reprocuing in both cases.

Talking about other tabs, they behave similarly on both machines. They works NOT smootly, but similarly laggy on both machines. Rendering is not managed with high performance, and tabs responds with some timeout. On plugin resize shake are quite different, they looks like some overhead is managed, like on a single size change it makes 5 renderings with different sizes.

And additionaly plugin (extension) shakes and lags even on the empty AAE, without project imported. So there`s nothing loaded in the AAE, and it works so badly on one machine, and perfectly on another. The difference in behaviour is huge!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot imagine what could be affecting the resizing of only plugins windows but not anything else.   If it were affecting the resizing of all windows i would say it's GPU issue without a doubt.  If it were affecting a single plugin I would say it's related to the plugin.  But the fact you say that it only happens on every one of your plugins and nothing else is just....If that were happening to me I might think I was losing my mind.  It just doesn't seem possible.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you turn off the "Hardware Accelerate...panels" option in preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU settings are switched Off.

Furthermore, no GPU is detected by Adobe for both cases, so GPU settings are disabled anyway.

We still haven`t recognised what the problem is related with.

But in terms of low priority of this issue, we`ll postpone this.

Anyway thanks for your replies. If we`ll return to this issue, I`ll surely insert some explanation here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi andrewb,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines