Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I go about making an interactive graph

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am completely new to adobe so what I am asking may be very, very simple to do. I'm wanting to create an interactive graph for my group's website. I have attached the figure that I want to make interactive. I have two ways in which I may want to present it. So, when a person clicks on treatment 'A', the bar will shoot up to 70% (so it is animated - so you can see it slide up to the 70% mark) and remain there even if the person was to click on treatment D etc and not disappear.

FIGURE.jpg

So just a background info about the study, this shows the different treatments (A-D) and the % of sheep to recover from a disease. Our main audience is to reach out to students. So we were thinking of another way of presenting it, maybe putting pictures of diseased sheep (on a high transparency level) and then when you click on e.g. treatment C, 30% of the diseased sheep will look healthy/normal. I have a sketched out drawing to illustrate this below where the circles represent diseased sheep. The triangle and change in colour represents healthy sheep. And again, once you click on one treatment, it will remain there even when I click on another treatment group rather than like a button, it goes back to the original (if that makes sense). Also, I would like to have it animated where it will change from bottom upwards rather than it just appearing?

IMG-20170626-WA0003.jpeg

So my question is, how do I go about making these two interactive graphs? I have all the adobe products such as illustrator, after effects, animate etc. Sorry if it didn't make that much sense, but hopefully it did. Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you so much for taking your time to read this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with AE. If at all, one would program it in Aniamte CC or exploit the statistics of questionaires in Captivate (not part of Creative Cloud). What you are talking about requires genuine programming, even if only simplistic in nature in terms of the math. If you want to do it web-based, then there's that other question of how you actually intend to store and process the data. I'm afraid you expect a simple solution that doesn't exist one way or the other. This is much more complex than it literally looks on paper.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! Okay, could I not create the figure shown above in adobe illustrator as an image (the figure you see above was created in excel and powerpoint). Then export the image to after effects or edge animate to animate the bars by creating e.g. a button rollover and then an animation where the bar goes from 0% to 70% when you click on "A"

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you can create simply state-based, static animations that simply play a clip based on a deafualt play behavior in Animate, but it has no genuine logic, so everytime you change something, you have to redo the animation, e.g. when the percentages are different or there are more sheep (=data samples) that also influence the distribution of the results. Therefore you preferably would look into an interactive thing. In fact this might even be something you can do in PowerPoint and Excel much more easily, if you can live with the limited graphical options.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so the data collected is from a study that has already been published. No more data will be added. It is simply a figure that needs to be animated, in a smooth manner, either by thr bar sliding up from 0% to 70% or by changing diseased images of sheep to 70% of sheep looking healthy (the second option of how my colleagues would like the figure to be designed -see original post). But what I am concerned about is how to actually make this animation. I want to be able to click on treatment A, see it slife up to 70%, then for it stay there at 70% even if I click on treatment B, C or D, and vice versa. I do not want it to slide to 70% for treatment A, for it to then go down to 0% (no bars) when I click on treatment C if that makes sense. So simply, just animated bar graphs but I want advice on how to do that.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nicolal,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!

How did you solve that problem? I have the same problem and I'm wondering, if there is a solution already developed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines