• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom says I have no photos on my hard drive

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not recognize any photos on my hard drive (WD 500) or anywhere else (my "EOS_DIGITAL" camera plugged in). Yesterday and this morning everything was fine. Then all of a sudden nothing is showing up. I check my hard drive and, of course, everything is still there. I uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom and that did not fix anything. I added a screen shot of what Lightroom shows. 

I'm desperate to edit pictures! Please help.

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 7.05.25 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

I do not think we have enough information to give a definite answer.

1. Have you 'Imported' files to the Catalog library?  How?

2. Is it possibly a new (empty) catalog?

3. Can you expand the sub-folders in WD500 (click the triangle)

A couple of points-

1) The '?' on the EOS Digital DCIM folder indicates you may have used the "ADD" option when importing from the camera. Now the camera card is not connected (or the card was re-formatted) and Lightroom indicates the folder as "Missing".

2) Master folders

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not think we have enough information to give a definite answer.

1. Have you 'Imported' files to the Catalog library?  How?

2. Is it possibly a new (empty) catalog?

3. Can you expand the sub-folders in WD500 (click the triangle)

A couple of points-

1) The '?' on the EOS Digital DCIM folder indicates you may have used the "ADD" option when importing from the camera. Now the camera card is not connected (or the card was re-formatted) and Lightroom indicates the folder as "Missing".

2) Master folders may show '0' photos if you have the Library option not checked 'on'  to "Show Photos in Sub-folders"

3) You cannot view files on the camera "plugged in",  you can only Import photos from camera to the hard-drive for permanent storage and view them in their destination folder.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines