• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign 2017.1, link but only data not frame

Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone,

someone please guide me on how to link only the data from the content collector and not the frame color.

We have multiple linked frames from one frame.

All the linked frames are supposed to have different color. When i update the original frame all linked frames change to the original frame color. is there a way to stop this?

I know i can manually change the colors once all the data is updated BUT that is lots f efforts. we have nearly 30+ such frsames

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Hi,

What i understand, you are using the place and link feature of InDesign... controlling the options through content collector strip.

You can manage what all is linked when you use this feature. By default, both the data and the "original frame" color of the original frame are linked to the new frames. You can however change this from the "link options" dialog.

1. Open the links panel and go to the context menu.

2. Choose links option

3. Turn on the "appearance" setting since we want this to be pre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What i understand, you are using the place and link feature of InDesign... controlling the options through content collector strip.

You can manage what all is linked when you use this feature. By default, both the data and the "original frame" color of the original frame are linked to the new frames. You can however change this from the "link options" dialog.

1. Open the links panel and go to the context menu.

2. Choose links option

3. Turn on the "appearance" setting since we want this to be preserved.

4. Try place and link now. Add paper color to the original frame. Place and link it and change the color of the new frame. Change the data in the original frame and update the new frame.

You will see that now the frame color of the new frame is preserved. Below screenshot shows two frames (linked frame is upto date) that have only their data linked and not the frame colors.

I hope this works for you.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!!!! that saved me hours.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines