• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't sync mobile collections after reinstall

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I refreshed my computer and reinstalled Lightroom.  I'm trying to download all the photos from the mobile cloud back onto my desktop.

When I login on my phone or the web it shows all of the collections.  Syncing is active-not paused.  It doesn't show any errors.  I can create new collections on my desktop and they show up on my phone, but I cant get the phone collections to show up on desktop.

I've googled and searched the forums but I can't find an answer to this situation.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

It not the App (Program) that needs full permissions (Control). It is the User Folder. Right click on your username in the C drive Users folder (C:\Users\YourUserName​) and select Properties. Then go to the security tab and make sure your username is listed and has Full Control.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted lightroom and it showed a message stating "Lightroom cannot write to this folder which may prevent it from downloading mobile sync photos".  The only open was to open the directory which was just c:/Users/ .  I tried running with admin privileges but it didn't help.  Is there a way to give Lightroom writing privileges without making my entire C:/Users directory writable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an OS Permissions problem but fixing that won't completely fix the problem with syncing with LR mobile. Only one catalog from one computer can sync with LR mobile at any one time. That one catalog gets a unique ID that is used to identify it with LR mobile. Moving that same catalog to a different computer or in your case reinstalling your system could, probably will, make that same catalog acquire a different unique ID. So once you fix the permissions problem don't be surprised if all of your currently synced image go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the complete "pictures" folder and moved all lightroom folders over to the install.  Will it still get a new unique ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't fix the write error.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it will still get a different unique ID.

The write error is because the folder it is trying to Write To does not have the proper permissions. Your Username does not have Read & Write permissions, Mac, or Full Control, Windows. You have to Manually Assign, change, it so it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use windows 10.  I've been the app full permission, make the folder writeable, and opened as an admin.  I'm not sure what else to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It not the App (Program) that needs full permissions (Control). It is the User Folder. Right click on your username in the C drive Users folder (C:\Users\YourUserName​) and select Properties. Then go to the security tab and make sure your username is listed and has Full Control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And presto it works!! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to contact Adobe for support?  When I go through the support option all I get is the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines