Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tools don't show

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

sometimes when I start my InDesign the palettes don't load. The complete UI is there but my tools on the side aren't there (see images). The issue is fixed when I restart ID. Sometimes it is very irritating especially when you're in a hurry.

Another issue is that when I open my ID the complete UI incl. palettes is there, but when I want to open one of the palettes (pages, colors, text e.g.) nothing happens. I hit the button, it is marked but the tools don't show.

I am working with the latest version of ID and the latest version of OSX.

Until now I have had this problem for about two years on different desktop devices working for different companies at different locations. So either it follows me or this is a general problem.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-02 um 09.09.35.png

ksldfklj.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Hi,

I suggest you reset your cache and preferences. Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

I see you are working on a custom workspace named "Phillip", so if you want you can first save it on some other location and then clean your cache and preferences.

To save the workspace:

1. Go to: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe InDesign

2. Navigate to Version X.0/en_us/Workspaces and you'll find your workspace files

Copy and place the workspace files in some other location (say De

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I suggest you reset your cache and preferences. Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

I see you are working on a custom workspace named "Phillip", so if you want you can first save it on some other location and then clean your cache and preferences.

To save the workspace:

1. Go to: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe InDesign

2. Navigate to Version X.0/en_us/Workspaces and you'll find your workspace files

Copy and place the workspace files in some other location (say Desktop). Clean cache and preferences and then place your workspace back at the same location.

Or you can first rename your cache and preference folders, and then see if that helps.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend that after you've reset preferences and have redone all of your settings as you like them that (after quitting the program) you make a copy of this new "pristine" version of your preference file and save it for future use. It is a big time saver to be able to trash preferences and replace them with a version that is already as you like them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Special Thanks to you, Bill 🙂 That will make it a lot easier in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast and useful answer! I'll try that 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines