• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the state of after effects

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c4d r19 was just announced and like every year maxon just blows everybody away with crazy good updates. every year they add amazing new stuff, every version is so much better than the others.

if i think about release R13 (the one i started with), it seems prehistoric compared to the new one. i could never go back to an older version.

could this be also said for after effects?

offcorse not!

Ae is lagging behind, the speed at wich adobe upgrades it is painfully slow, and every release is always shipped with enormous amount of bugs.

I know basically ae doesnt have competitors, so adobe can just sit and watch.

in my office we keep using cs6, becuase the bugs and the creative cloud makes it impossible to implement in the pipeline, i know of other great professional (like jr canest) using older version beacuse of the bug and the lack of new features (why should you upgrade with u buggy new version when you can use an old one that does the same exat job?

another great artists complained and tried to involve others to make adobe aware of these problems http://www.sandervandijk.tv/after-effects-features/

After-Effects-Features — Sander van Dijk​

but so far the situation has not changed. please adobe fix after effects and make it a REAL professional tool!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c4d r19 was just announced and like every year maxon just blows everybody away with crazy good updates. every year they add amazing new stuff, every version is so much better than the others.

Well, no offense, but that in itself is a very debatable point. I wouldn't call a botched TeamRender, half-baked render enhancements and a million other things "crazy good". C4D is suffering the same issues like any other program where many times new functions are only half-cooked or hampered by older stuff. You can look around and you can find just as many disappointed C4D users. Typical case of YMMV - for soem it's great, for others not so much, depending on what features you need and use. Arguably one could say the same for AE, but to keep things simple it's perhaps true - AE these days is a veritable mess and they seem unable and incompetent to truly fix it and turn it around. My 2 cents...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cinema4D R19 release is a "work in progress" version: ProRender and the new PBR viewport are half-finished, and the material system is a mess. C4D users have been waiting for over a decade for a nodal material system, BodyPaint improvements, good UV tools, proper mirroring, and a list of other things. It is not just AE that is bogged down by legacy code and overdue features.

Anyway, if AfterEffects isn't doing it for you, perhaps check out the Fusion 9 which was released yesterday. Impressive new version, with camera tracking tools, and other fun additions. Fusion is node rather than layer based, but in my opinion the layer system in AE is more trouble than it is worth at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines