Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Regular Muse Composition widget set to:

• hide all initially: tes
  • show target on: click
  • hide target on: click
  • number of triggers/targets: 1

Now inside the target area there is an Accordion Panel standard Muse widget which serves a the mobile menu

THE BUG STEPS:

1. Click on the Composition widget's trigger

2. the target area appears for about a 3rd of a second and disappears (unwantedly!!)

note: the composition can be found on the link below, the trigger is located in the top left on breakpoints under 1000px

THIS IS A MAJOR BUG FOR MUSE ON A NUMBER OF ANDROID BROWSERS AND CHROME FOR ANDROID ESPECIALLY

Please forward this to the development team, they can inspect the behavior on the live URL Here

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Hello,

I apologize for any misunderstanding, it looks like a communication gap between you and our ACP.

However your issue we are about to launch a new update very soon in which most of the Chrome / Android bugs are fixed.

I request you to please check out or pre-release build from here - Adobe Prerelease and let us know if it works.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monden wrote:

note: the composition can be found on the link below, the trigger is located in the top left on breakpoints under 1000px

if you mean this one then it works for me on FF... hate the design but each to their own

Screenshot (676).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On firefox it works just fine, both on desktop and firefox mobile.

It is chrome mobile that is causing the most issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how you expect any phone user to use that site is beyond me... it takes 5mins to load in my nokia but the widget does work once it loads

WIN_20170128_165319.JPG

I don't use chrome browser but I'm sure google will get around to fixing it one of these days... perhaps you should ask them for an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the moderator. Please DELETE this thread. It was intended for Adobe Muse development team and not for haters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I apologize for any misunderstanding, it looks like a communication gap between you and our ACP.

However your issue we are about to launch a new update very soon in which most of the Chrome / Android bugs are fixed.

I request you to please check out or pre-release build from here - Adobe Prerelease and let us know if it works.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice this still is an issue as of the latest release (2017.0.3). Was this update supposed to have fixed the bug or is a solution still being developed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us a small sample file, which demonstrates the issue (-> Dropbox or a similar service). I can’t reproduce it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay on this, but here is that test file you requested. It definitely still has the same issue as of 2017.0.4 (even when testing on Chrome on a touchscreen computer). I've been busy getting the real site ready for launch, so I just used a workaround for now by using the setting "hide target on rollout of trigger and target" so it will at least show the menu when the users touch the button.

Anyway, here is the Dropbox link: Dropbox - Touchscreen Menu Bug Test.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can’t reproduce the issue. Not on Safari, not on Chrome. The composition opens and stays open, just as it should.

Would be helpful, if

• you publish this tiny example to a free test site on Businesscatalyst (use the „Publish“ menu top right of Muse’s application window and give us the link here) and
  • somebody else of the community members tests this sample file/the published version on mobile Chrome.

(An additional question: Is there a reason, why you use an accordion within a composition and not a manual menu?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here is a Business Catalyst link: http://comp-mobile-test.businesscatalyst.com/index.html Just to be very clear, the composition does stay open when clicked, so one would think it would behave normally, but when touched instead it goes haywire.

As for your question about the menu, I'm not using an accordion at all. It is a standard menu placed in the composition (set to menu type all pages, direction vertical).

BobFahrer​ Thanks for the widget, I will try that out as well and see if it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a solution for this bug.

(I used the mobile accordion fix file and changed the code a bit)

Put that Widget into your main page and make sure it's not nested somewhere (maybe at the bottom of the page)

Dropbox - CompositionMobileFix.mulib

at least it worked for all of my Composition widgets and also in your test file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This widget is awesome, I really appreciate it! I tried it out on my test site, and it works perfectly. I've reverted the site in the meantime in case anyone wants to continue looking at what's being generated by Muse by default, but this solution is just what I needed, and I'll definitely be plugging this in to my live site. Hopefully, this bug will be resolved in Muse itself soon too. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I could help you and hopefully some other people too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i-b-tex  wrote

I notice this still is an issue as of the latest release (2017.0.3). Was this update supposed to have fixed the bug or is a solution still being developed?

yes the base issue with chrome browsers was caused by their update and that has since been fixed... the current Muse version doesn't get this error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this problem still exists. Also in Adobe Muse 2017.0.4.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read post #7?

If you want to help us helping you, please read this document before: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines