Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frames not showing in Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm testing to make a GIF in Phototshop cc 2017 but the frames are not showing in the Timeline.

I imported the layers, selected Timeline and then selected Create Frame animation but I can't see my layers in the timeline window, see attached screen grab.

What am I doing wrong? I have made GIF's in earlier versions and not had any problems.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 5.18.05 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

You did click on the button that says, "Create Frame Animation" and not just select it from the dropdown list?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did click on the button that says, "Create Frame Animation" and not just select it from the dropdown list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I didn't realize that it was a button. One frame shows now but not the other 2. Do you know how to make the other 2 frames visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out. If I select a frame and make the other layers invisible in the layers panel I can make the different frames. A bit backward, if I remember correctly the older Psd versions made it quicker and easier to make GIFs, but it has been a while so I might be wrong.

Thanks Chuck for your help : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you get to the first frame, after you create the frame timeline, you can use the pop up menu to make frames out of the layers:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Chuck. That was it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. Such a bad UI! I had no idea the pulldown was a button...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree. What were they thinking when they assumed anyone would think that a list item was magically transformed into a button that looked exactly like the list item??? So bad I don't think it deserves to be called a User Interface ;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines