Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem when importing pictures exported from illustrator projects

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I frequently use illustrator to create infographics and icons and I usually need a transparent background, (to use it afterwards in indesign)

so I export my work activating the transparency option but when I import the same picture on indesign there's some additional lines showing up making my picture imperfect (even when I enable the high definition display option).

I noticed that this problem only occurs with transparent PNG files and not with JPEG format.

Also, exporting my indesign file to a high definition PDF did not solve the problem.

I have to mention that when I open the same picture with windows photo viewer the picture is perfect.

Could you please help me to find a solution to this problem.

Thank you guys.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you export pngs and jpegs from illustrator and link them in indesign? why not just link the illustrator files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, that was it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you be more specific about what you're creating in Illustrator that requires saving as PNG rather than .ai?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually did not thought of it.

I just tried it and everything seems to be good.

Thank you for your help.

I just have an additionnal question:

If I import the .ai instead of pictures, when I generate the whole project package (with links and fonts and everything for impression) will the .ai files be present too ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yeah the ai files will be packaged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines