• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Leading Issue

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please look at the attached graphic of a set of instructions created with Indesign CS4. At the top (Under Step 1: Fill cartridge with toner) you can see the actual first step (which starts with the words "Make a hole".  I need the two lines of that part of the instruction to be closer together ( adjust leading?)

Under Step 2: Empty the wastebin, there is a note. I need the two lines of the note to be closer together.

Under Step 3: Replace the Reset Chip, I need the spacing between the two lines to be the same as the spacing between the lines on steps 3 and 4.

Can you explain what I need to do differently in InDesign?

Help!Indesign issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to create a paragraph style with the proper leading. I'm not really sure what else to tell you.

Do you not know where to set the leading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was working with text boxes created by another individual. I think I must have been butting into text formatted with another method. When I started over and applied the paragraph styles as needed, everything worked beautifully. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign has two different ways to control vertical spacing. Leading controls the spacing between the lines within a paragraph. Space before and after controls the spacing between the paragraphs. You will need to select those paragraphs and reduce the leading value in the Character view of the Control panel.

InDesign CCss_018.pngInDesign CCss_019.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines