• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign relinks files from server to desktop without prompting

Participant ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user in my group that is having major problems with InDesign CC 12.1.0.56, El Capitan.

She is working on a large catalog, and is pulling images from the server and placing them into her files without any problems. She saves the file as usual, closes the file and moves on. Her problem begins when she goes to reopen the file to work on it later: ID changes the file path of her images without her knowledge or inputting any commands.

The screenshot below illustrates the image path. It is connected straight to the path without any problems along the way.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 10.37.39 AM.png

When she reopens the same file later, the image, without being moved or modified on the server, now has the following path. (Yes, this is a different image, but the problem is still the same.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 10.23.48 AM.png

ID is automatically removing the link in ID and replacing it with what looks to me like an alias version of our Creative server. This server does not exist, and it definitely doesn't exist on her machine, or anyone elses (Its 4TB of data).

So my question to everyone here is, what is causing this? We all use SMB to connect to our servers, and if that was the problem, everyone would be having this same issue, but its only her. If anyone else opens the file, they too have missing links due to this alias looking item. Is there any way to see what the problem is, and if ayone has an inkling on whats going on, I'd appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?