• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can`t see anything in my composition window?

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I recently bought a new computer on work, and installed adobe CC on it.

The problem I have: composition preview in after effects doesn't work. The whole area is either white, or grey. I can still do everything, make new layers, place a text, but I cant actually see what I'm doing.. I hope the picture below will give you a better idea of what this problem looks like.

I've tried reinstall program, but that did not help either. I've also tried to downgrade to older version of after effect. At first, it work, but after closing program, and open program again, same problem. Also tried to totally remove CC, and reinstal everything again. It seemed to have worked, untill I restarted my laptop.

Also tried clear caches, reset preferences, update gpu driver, even uninstall Sonic Suite, and all other fixes I found online, but that did not help either.

So far, the only fix that I've come across with, is removing After Effects, delete all user preferences and instaling older version, and just don't close it until I finish what I had to do.Now I don't really see this as a fix, more of a temporary solution because I do need projects to finish in the meantime and I don't really look forward to delete and reinstal after effects several times a day..

I'd really appreciate any advice   Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enter into File > Project Settings and check if you are using Mercury Hardware acceleration. Try to choose Mercury Software. And check if you are using the latest driver for your graphics card manufacturer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure if you are using the mercury playback engine with a video card that it is one recommended by Adobe:

After Effects System Requirements

You may also need to install the latest drivers for your NVDIA GPU:

Rendering with OpenGL in After Effects CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eeeeeed,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, the whole preview area is just grey. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, or install previous AE versions but still the same. Help please Kevin-Monahan​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think I solved the problem, open the program the default gpu or cpu as shown. The gpu maybe only coded for rendering... Kevin-Monahan​ if you could please send word to your coworkers forum/manager's email and a tech department to maybe fix this bug, it may allow for accelerated use and improved performance in the future.

aaecompfix.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, thanks you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem with the latest upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This also solved the issue for me as well!

HP ENVY Laptop 17-ae1xx

Display Info:

Name    NVIDIA GeForce MX150

Adapter Type    GeForce MX150, NVIDIA compatible

Adapter Description    NVIDIA GeForce MX150

Driver Version    23.21.13.8873

Name    Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Adapter Type    Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible

Adapter Description    Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Driver Version    22.20.16.4691

Thanks sooo much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines