Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i have no audio when i play the video on after effects

Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have windows 10, after effects cs6(11.0.4) and when i import a video, there is no audio, and after effects shows the waveform, and i tried everything. it happend one day when i eneterd the program. the audio switch is on, on i checked the audio output box

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

In AE you need to press "0" on the numeric keyboard for RAM preview with sound or "." on the numeric keyboard for just sound playback. You can also hold down "Ctrl" and drag the timeline indicator to scrub through the sound. If that still doesn't work, make sure your sound device is set correctly in the Audio Output. Here's how to playback sound:

https://bluefx.net/portfolio-items/play-audio-effects/

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In After Effects CS6, you cannot preview audio using the Spacebar. To have audio output, you must use the RAM Preview (0 on the numeric Keypad or 0 on the keyboard). Also, you can find the RAM Preview button in the Preview Panel (the button on the right).

Also, check your audio hardware preferences to select the adecuate output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi defor11,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AE you need to press "0" on the numeric keyboard for RAM preview with sound or "." on the numeric keyboard for just sound playback. You can also hold down "Ctrl" and drag the timeline indicator to scrub through the sound. If that still doesn't work, make sure your sound device is set correctly in the Audio Output. Here's how to playback sound:

https://bluefx.net/portfolio-items/play-audio-effects/

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much RemusBlueFX

I have just wasted several hours trying to figure this out, this software is extremely broken in many ways.. this should not be so hard to simply preview the composition & its audio together.

I had figured out I could press 0 on the numpad & it would play a preview with audio, but this was very limited.

I found nothing else to assist, funnily enough too, all replies from official Adobe staff were the most useless responses. They must just be reading from scripts & have no technical ability at all.

I wasn't able to get a full preview still, but holding ctrl & dragging is enough for me. I was on the verge of giving up, so thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heyyyyy! i found another solution if the ones here didn't work for you, simply go to the Edit>Preferences>Previews and uncheck the 'mute audio when preview is not Real-time' option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had to create an account just to thank you❤Solved the problem instantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what solved it for me:

Screenshot 2023-02-22 172115.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines