• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stopped Reading RAW Files

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom all of a sudden stopped reading my RAW Lightroom files. I use an Olympus EM1mkii and previously had no problems opening the files. I use CC and it is updated to the latest version. I can open RAW files inside photoshop in ACR with no issue.

The error I get is 'file type not recognized' even photos I had previously edited now tell me that changes can not be made.

Steps I have taken:

1. Uninstalled Lightroom and deleted preferences

2. Restarted

3. Installed

4. Ran disk utility

I have even removed Photoshop, out of curiosity. I read on some forums other people were having this issue but it seem to be very sporadic. I'm not sure what else to do. I have the exact same setup on my personal computer and the files open fine. But I need this fixed on my work computer where I edit photos.

I'm running a 15" MacBook Pro and all my software is up to date on it as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Under some circumstances (and I have seen it several times on this forum now and ran into it myself on one machine) the 2015.12 update reverts Lightroom back to LR 2015.0! This happens during the update where it first unloads the previous update and then installs the .12 update but fails and fails to notify you of that. After that it thinks it has installed the update and will not run it anymore nor will manually installing the patch work. You can see the problem in the Adobe updater log files b

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom? Go to Help->System Info and report back to us what the version number shown there is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2015 (1014445)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your software is NOT up to date. You are running the initial release of Lightroom CC 2015. There have been 12 updates since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just deleted and downloaded it. It is showing no updates in my Creative Cloud app. How can I get the latest version when it says no updates are available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On this page: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Click the blue arrow beside the "Lightroom 6" header

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it. Installed it and still did not work. So I uninstalled completely, restarted, downloaded and still did not work. It was still showing the old version even though I had just downloaded it. Then I downloaded the newest patch and it finally upgraded to the latest version! I'm not sure exactly what was "stuck" but I've never experienced anything like that and hope too never again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious as to why you uninstalled in the first place. When you install Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC it installs the initial version and then you have to install the update anyway. So the uninstall is completely unnecessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it was not registering I had updates. I thought downloading it from the Creative Cloud Application manager should load the latest version with no issue. It looks like it was an Adobe bug and there was no right way to get it to the newest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under some circumstances (and I have seen it several times on this forum now and ran into it myself on one machine) the 2015.12 update reverts Lightroom back to LR 2015.0! This happens during the update where it first unloads the previous update and then installs the .12 update but fails and fails to notify you of that. After that it thinks it has installed the update and will not run it anymore nor will manually installing the patch work. You can see the problem in the Adobe updater log files but the updater itself in its GUI wrongly tells you it was successful. I could only solve it on one of my machines where this happened by running the creative cloud cleaner app (see here: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems  ) ​and starting from scratch but others have been succesful removing a few installer files. It seems you were finally able to force the update too in a somewhat gentler way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting me know that. It's good to know that I was not crazy. I've never had such issues with software. It was driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines