• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue replacing an old site with my new muse site?!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have build a site with adobe muse and successful uploaded (kinda)

because of the index.html it does not replace the existing site in the search engine and the old site still comes up when the domain is typed in unless index.html is added.

How do i work around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Just an update, turns out it was the FTP host and not me, they have to authorise the deletion of any old website/data on their half. Just putting this out there is anyone else experiences this, and also ask your FTP host to make the old url redirect you to the url with index.html if this is still an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi saft,

As you have uploaded the site to an existing domain, Google is still indexing old URLs.

We don't setup anything or control this from Muse, Site can be created in Muse. But this is a site indexing issue which is not related to Muse.

But this is a site indexing issue something not related to Muse.

As a workaround, you can create a list of URL from old site and ask google to remove it, manually, one by one using the link below-

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals?pli=1

Tutorial for more details: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/1663691?hl=en

You can also ask Google to crawl the pages again, as shown here-

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6066467?hl=en

Above links includes all details and steps which you need to perform.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just an update, turns out it was the FTP host and not me, they have to authorise the deletion of any old website/data on their half. Just putting this out there is anyone else experiences this, and also ask your FTP host to make the old url redirect you to the url with index.html if this is still an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saft70753747  wrote

the old site still comes up

just to be clear, the old site is still listed but when you click the link its in fact the NEW site that loads into the browser?

yes = follow the advice Ankush gave above

no = you have bigger issues and will also need to talk to your host about clearing their server cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines