• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed in editing Stamps file

Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I once knew how to do this. I have a file (migrated somehow over from another machine a while ago) that contains my editing stamps. I'd like to add a new stamp to this but can't figure out how.

I believe they are stored in a file in my Application Support directory (I can see the file). I tried adding a new page and adding the symbol to that page, then reimporting it to Stamps under the old name, but that doesn't work.

I seem to recall having to add pages with symbols one by one.

Any tips appreciated.

Acrobat DC for Mac (latest versions of both)

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Yes, that's exactly what you should do... Select the new image you want to add to this collection, and in the next window select the collection's name, to add the new stamp to the end of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must do it via the Stamp tool itself. Click it and then select Custom Stamps - Create New Stamp. Select the stamp's layout and category and then you'll be able to edit it directly from the stamps PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I am not sure how this would work.

I have a stamp "collection" that contains 14 images running down vertically; to use them I just click and drag into a PDF.Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 1.15.24 PM.png

I'd like to add more stamps to this series.

If I do what you suggest I get this dialogue window:

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 1.16.21 PM.png

Not what I want, I think. If I navigate to the file with the 14 images that doesn't add the 15th (or even do anything at all, so far as I can see). But maybe I am misunderstanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's exactly what you should do... Select the new image you want to add to this collection, and in the next window select the collection's name, to add the new stamp to the end of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Then maybe I don't know where to find the collection's file. There is a file called NNN (a string of letters) under /Stamps (in the directory mentioned above) but nothing called (in this case) Blue Stamps.

When I am asked to create a new stamp I don't want this: I want to edit an existing collection.

If I go to "manage" stamps in Palettes, I see this:

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 1.28.05 PM.png

Each of these sub-stamps is a different image. I guess I never named them after Insert, as it seemed too tedious. What I need to get to is to see a New New stamp with the desired stamp image, somehow saved to this list.

Update: I see that the final new New Stamp has added the new stamp sign (a par. marker). So perhaps your method added it to the file in App. Support/..../Stamps.

But I don't see this new image in the Stamps Palette called "Blue Stamps".

Maybe I need to restart Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, now it is showing. I deleted some extraneous collections and the simplified file is working.

What a byzantine process! There are no clear guidelines anywhere (or there are but I lost the url ages ago)

thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really quite simple: Create a new Stamp, select in what category to put it, and that's it.

And it's all explained here: Add a stamp to a PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible to adjust the order of the stamps as they appear in the palette?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question. Is the best way to create new stamps like this:

open a pdf file; create a blank space; produce the desired symbol; extract the page with this symbol and save somewhere; add the page to the list as above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines