• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What Happened to Find then Delete a Page

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming from Adobe Acrobat PRO V7 I was FORCED onto V15 by virtue of upgrading to Windows 10.  I find this new adobe version to be several steps backwards from a productivity standpoint.

For Example:  You have a pdf file with multiple pages. Lets say 100 or so.  In the old version you could find a string and present the found page. Right click to bring up page options then select delete to delete the page.

The new version 15. THERE'S NO FIND OPTION. You've got to USE the ORGANIZE TOOL and scroll through it by HAND. Locate the page by eye then delete it. Horrible. Takes the product back to the stone age.

When you're editing a pdf you should be able to find a page then delete it with a couple of clicks... when in edit pdf mode rather then having to bounce out and swap to the organize tool

I'm finding there's are many counter-productive drawbacks to this product.  What ever happened to keeping a good thing good instead of changing it for the sake of change?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

The Find window will take you to the page where a match is found for the text you've searched for. Then you can delete that page via the Pages panel. Double-clicking a result in the Advanced Search window will also take you to the page where that match is located.

Anyway, for what you're describing maybe a better solution is to use a script. I've developed similar scripts that extract or print all the pages that contains certain search terms, so deleting those pages instead should not be a proble

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a find and search option in Acrobat DC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup in the edit tool. But you can't delete a page you've landed on from the search....  Looks like the only way to do that is to use the "page organization tool". There's no search button in the organization tool. Ctrl+F doesn't work and SHIFT+Ctrl+F opens another dialogue box that shows the results. It's doesn't take you to the page either. Thought maybe clicking on the search results would, but it doesn't.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete the page in the navigation panel "Pages". The same way as in version 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+F will open the Find window; Shift+Ctrl+F will open the Advanced Search window.

Both can also be opened via the Edit menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no search button in the organization tool. Ctrl+F doesn't work there and SHIFT+Ctrl+F opens another dialogue box that shows the results. It's doesn't take you to the page either. Thought maybe clicking on the search results would, but it doesn't.....

Looking for an easy way to find a page by a search then delete it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Find window will take you to the page where a match is found for the text you've searched for. Then you can delete that page via the Pages panel. Double-clicking a result in the Advanced Search window will also take you to the page where that match is located.

Anyway, for what you're describing maybe a better solution is to use a script. I've developed similar scripts that extract or print all the pages that contains certain search terms, so deleting those pages instead should not be a problem. If you're interested feel free to contact me at try6767 at gmail.com and we could discuss it in more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks try67 & Bernd.  In edit mode I can find a page via search, then select the page organizational tool to delete. That works.

I do like V7 better as you could right click to bring up a menu that would have delete page as on option. Had a seamless feel to it.

Tried double clicking on a search result from advanced search but it doesn't take me to that page. Hmmm.

I'm using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro right out of the box. Maybe something squirrly with my version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you apply all the available updates for it, first of all. Also,

what's your OS version?

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 7:49 PM, ronj82473327 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do & Thanks!  Windows 10, home edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines