• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New iMac can't open catalog on external HD

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new iMac and am looking forward to doing most or all of my post-processing on its gigundo screen. I keep my entire LR catalog on an external HD, along with all of my photos. No problems at all reading the catalog on my Macbook Pro. I tried opening the catalog on my iMac and it keeps giving me errors: can't open, isn't writable, not sure why but we can't open this, etc.

I've verified that each parent folder has Read & Write access. I've deleted any lrcat lock files. I optimized the catalog on my Macbook Pro.

What can I do? I've tried getting in touch with Adobe but their UX kind of just forcibly directs me here and say good luck!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening the catalog on my iMac and it keeps giving me errors: can't open, isn't writable, not sure why but we can't open this, etc.

What is the exact error message, word-for-word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Lightroom cannot use the catalog named "Lightroom Catalog Current" because it is not writable and cannot be opened."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you saidd that you verified that parent folders have read and write permission ... But this doesn't sound right  to me. You want to verify that the folder that contains the catalog file has read and write permission. Please give that a try.

Also, I'm not a Mac expert, but there are conditions where transferring a drive to a new computer could result in the drive being un-writable. I don't know the details, but maybe some Mac expert coudl tell us what could possibly make a drive read-only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 5.30.57 PM.png

This is when access from the iMac, too. And it's totally readable and writable from my Macbook Pro. It makes no sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines