Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bad shadows cause luminance 'flicker'

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have created a video animation in 3dstudiomax.  There are two lights in the scene-none of their values change throughout the video.  The camera and limited objects do move however and the result is a 'flicker'...  As if things are moving in front of the light source, affecting the overall luminance of a frame...or a few...and then returning to normal.

There's no need to discuss finding and fixing the cause because after so many hours trying too I have come to decide it is what it is.  I do, however, think I can use AE to "Fix it in Post".

Is there a way to clip luminance?  Stabilize, Normalize?  I frame by frame luminance "rider"?

Ideas?

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Kevin,

Yes, I did discover the problem. It became one of those, "Now how did that happen?" moments.  3DStudiomax has an exposure control you can turn on or off.  I've never used it, but it somehow got turned on.  The program was trying to stabilize the lighting exposure from frame to frame (and doing a pretty poor job I might add).

Thanks for asking!

also Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the Color Stabilizer effect.

Or any of the Auto effects (Auto Color/Auto Contrast/Auto Levels).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 56 Loaches,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Yes, I did discover the problem. It became one of those, "Now how did that happen?" moments.  3DStudiomax has an exposure control you can turn on or off.  I've never used it, but it somehow got turned on.  The program was trying to stabilize the lighting exposure from frame to frame (and doing a pretty poor job I might add).

Thanks for asking!

also Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I have the same problem, How can I fix it with the Premiere?
I do not want to use another soft. Premiere Pro CC can not solve it?
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines