• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you add filters for your photos like in Lightroom, but in Photoshop CC?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I constantly switch between programs for different things. For the most part is because I am still learning, but I would be nice not to have to. I know the answer is probably simple. Anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Hi

You can apply the Camera Raw filter - which will look familiar as it contains similar adjustments to Lightroom. It is best to convert your layer(s) to a smart object before doing this so that it is non-destructive and you can readjust the controls later.

There is also a Photo Filter adjustment layer which can be applied to any layer(s). Adjustment layers are non-destructive i.e. they do not alter the pixels in the image layer(s)

To simulate the graduated filters that you have in Lightroom - appl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you should do is convert the layer to a smart object. Found in the filters menu or by right clicking the layer in the layers panel.

This allows you to nondestructively add a filter and alter at a later date.

All that is left to just to apply a filter from the filter menu. When you select a filter a dialog will pop up for you to alter its settings if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can apply the Camera Raw filter - which will look familiar as it contains similar adjustments to Lightroom. It is best to convert your layer(s) to a smart object before doing this so that it is non-destructive and you can readjust the controls later.

There is also a Photo Filter adjustment layer which can be applied to any layer(s). Adjustment layers are non-destructive i.e. they do not alter the pixels in the image layer(s)

To simulate the graduated filters that you have in Lightroom - apply an adjustment layer (e.g. a curve) then apply a gradient to the mask as below

I hope that helps

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines