Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting a published HTML in Outlook e-mail body

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have successfully used Indesign Publish online to publish a document as an HTML

I now want to insert that HTML in the body of an outlook e-mail.
How do I save the HTML to my computer and embed it in my e-mail ?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

i use the macro described here:

How to insert HTML source code to Outlook emails

but I write my own HTML specifically for outlook. as others said, it's unlikely that HTML straight out of indesign will be suitable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML emails must be coded in very a specific way so they display properly. (They have more restrictions/glitches than a normal webpage.) InDesign's publish online is not meant to be used in HTML email. Even if you could download the HTML, it would not be suitable for emails (it was meant for display in a web browser, not email). InDesign is not an appropriate app for creating code for HTML emails.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was starting to come to that conclusion. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Dan states Publish Online documents are hosted on Adobe's severs and can't be be accessed in the way you describe. You can, of course, add a link to it in your email. Email HTML documents are quite complex to produce and most people use something like MailChimp for this purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use the macro described here:

How to insert HTML source code to Outlook emails

but I write my own HTML specifically for outlook. as others said, it's unlikely that HTML straight out of indesign will be suitable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines