• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook Pro 15' w/ 455 Radeon - After Effects - Cuda

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, im having some issues on my new macbook and i hope someone help me on here.

I bought one Macbook pro 15' with the feelings about get some nice performance editing After Effects and Premiere videos,

for my surprise, to preview one single 25mb animation with no external plugins its just impossible on timeline basic preview.

Its like... i can even think what is like this.

Wen i enter in Preferences/Preview/GPU Info

the system dsnt show me CUDA information, he says Driver Version 1.0 / (5 or best required)

Can anyone tell me if i can fix that? Or i just put my money in trash?

Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8tORKMphB-acktUcF9tc0RzU1k/view?usp=sharing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

If you have installed CUDA drivers on a system that does not have a Cuda compatible NVIDIA GPU then you must uninstall the cud drivers or you will have all kinds of trouble.

The only thing that is accelerated with CUDA is Ray-traced rendering, but that rendering engine has been deprecated, is no longer being developed, never worked as well as it should, and is horribly slow to render even using CUDA and just about completely unusable if you do not have an NVIDIA GPU. Don't use it. Instead use th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Radeon series is a product of AMD. CUDA is a specification of NVIDIA product. If your MacBook has a NVIDIA graphic card, CUDA is set on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok, thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have installed CUDA drivers on a system that does not have a Cuda compatible NVIDIA GPU then you must uninstall the cud drivers or you will have all kinds of trouble.

The only thing that is accelerated with CUDA is Ray-traced rendering, but that rendering engine has been deprecated, is no longer being developed, never worked as well as it should, and is horribly slow to render even using CUDA and just about completely unusable if you do not have an NVIDIA GPU. Don't use it. Instead use the C4D rendering engine. The help files will show you how to set up the different 3D rendering options in the Advanced Composition Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines